Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Press Forward with Faith

Wednesday, April 15, 2015
Dear family,

I've never had to live without water... till now!
     There is a drought on Palawan right now! It figures; I cannot remember the last time that it rained here. Our water gets cut every morning and so we have to shower out of buckets. Mom, I'm doing what we did at Grandma's. I boil up a pot of hot water and then pour it into the OTHER bucket of freezing water, and BAM! That makes for a good shower.
     I don't know what else to say about this situation other than Heavenly Father is really using this opportunity to help me realize how blessed I have been my whole life. We really live lives of privilege, and being here in the Philippines has humbled me by about...1,000,000%. I don't think I can ever go back into the first-world society and see things the same.


WORDS FROM ON HIGH
     I hope that you guys enjoyed General Conference! So much was said about families! SO. MUCH. I have never been more grateful for the family that I was born into. I love you guys so much. I know that the family truly is ordained of God. Mom, Dad, I know it's hard raising teenage girls (ahem, Gladys) but keep doing what you are doing because I know that my sisters are growing into beautiful young women. The gospel helps. It really provides peace and happiness in the home. Love one another, and all will be alright. Also, I encourage EVERYONE to review the talks when they can! We only get to watch General Conference twice a year; for the rest of the time we should continue to treasure up the words that were said!


Meals
     Mom, this is in response to your question about how our meals are going. They say that you get fed alot more by the members on the mainland. Here, not so much. Our branch president gets all the missionaries to go over to his house once a month. In our area (Santa Monica C), we work with people who live in more humble circumstances, so dinner appointments are really rare. I definitely look forward to P-Day every week when we can go to the mall and eat what we want! But it's all good though. Sister Quilicot and Sister Almazan, the two Filipinos in the house, cook our lunch. They are kind souls. For dinners we usually bring with us a pack of cereal- okay, correction, I guess I should say that I bring my pack of cereal- OR we eat at roadside restaurants. That's about it! I'm still healthy and kicking, though, so no worries, Mom!


"TO BE LIKE MY FATHER"
     Dad! HAPPY (in-advanced) BIRTHDAY! I love you so much! I sent you a birthday letter a month ago and I'm not sure if you've received it yet...but look out for it in the mail! You are my role model. I have gained strength through your example. I cannot talk to my investigators about you or Mommy without tearing up. You are a good father. I hope you know that the work you have done in our home will reap its rewards in the forever that is to come. 
     Thank you for being a righteous example. Thank you for working hard. Thank you for loving Mommy. Thank you for loving my sisters and I. There is nothing that I can ever do that will be able to repay you for all that I have learnt from you and will continue to learn from you. Every day of this mission I hope to emulate your good example. More people look up to you than you know, Dad. You have touched so many lives. Thank you. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! EAT YOUR HEART OUT! ANNOY GLADYS ALL YOU WANT! She'll let you, on the one day of the year- your birthday!


I love you all so much; let's all press forward with faith.

With love,
Sister Teo

P.S.

Picture #1: The children came with us to church last week!

Picture #2: The entire clan of Saquing/Parilla children. They all attended church last week!

Picture #3: Jollibee models...haha, just kidding. Eating our fast food in between Conference break!

Picture #4: Sister Quilicot and I! I LOVE her! She is a BALL of fire!

Picture #5: Two daughters of one of our (former?) investigators!

No comments:

Post a Comment

With love, Sister Teo © 2014