Monday, January 26, 2015

Kevin Durant of Devin Durant?!

Monday, January 26, 2015
Dear Family,

     Okay, so the title of my email is what it is because yesterday at Church, Elder Newson (senior couple) comes up to Sister Lockwood and I and tells us that on Feb 7th, at 2 pm, Kevin Durant is coming to Malvar chapel to give a teaching seminar. Sister Lockwood and I look at each other and say, "What? Kevin Durant?" And Elder Newson says, "Yes, he was an NBA player." And THAT got us waaaay confused because Kevin Durant is NOT Mormon! So later we find out maybe he meant DEVIN Durant...although that doesn't really help because I don't know who he is. BUT he WAS pro-NBA and apparently Mormon and WILL be coming here to give a seminar. February 7th. Pretty cool. I'll be waiting for that :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GLADYS! 
     YOU ARE 17 YEARS OLD?!?!? WHAT!!! 17?!?! I remember MY 17th birthday! How are you growing up so fast?!?!?!?!?!??! I cannot imagine what Daddy and Mommy feel, watching US three grow up. DON'T GROW UP!!! Remain five and chubby forever! I love you and miss you. You are so beautiful and you are so talented. I miss singing with you and jamming out by the piano and also I miss annoying you by talking to Ether really loudly every night for five months. Just kidding. You are one of my best friends. I love you. ENJOY YOUR 17TH YEAR!

LEHI'S DREAM...PALAWAN VERSION
     So remember how in Lehi's vision (Book of Mormon) he walked in a "dark and dreary" waste? Well this past week we had a brown-out (black-out) occur here and it was literally PITCH BLACK! Everywhere! Of course we had flashlights and stuff but when we turned them off it felt like we were wandering in the wilderness. Way cool. The stars were bright and beautiful and the air was crisp and I felt like I was in a desert or something. Seriously. Light pollution = bad. No light pollution during a black-out = good. Also Mom I know you're going to say something like, "Why were you out walking during a black-out?! Can't you go home to your apartments?" Love you Mom. Don't worry. God is on our side. We work in the light and in the dark :)

LARRY AND "THANK YOU" 
     Here's what I wrote in my journal. Larry is a man we have been teaching and he is GOLDEN. I think I told you guys about him last week. Remember his First Vision comment? Anyways:

     "This man has been prepared to listen to us. I could go into full detail of the entire lesson that we had- mainly his questions about why we eat blood and about the spirit world etc.- BUT. The one thing that stood out to me in the entire lesson was at the end. I cannot tell you what I was saying to him. Maybe something about the importance of prayer. But all I know is that I talked to him about praying, and I was talking for a bit, and then...out of nowhere, just as I finish talking, Larry reaches his hand out to shake mine, and firmly, he says, "Thank you."

     His comment caught me off-guard. I was not expecting that. It immediately brought tears to my eyes. That "thank you" was so real...so sincere. It caught me by surprise. That moment, those two words, will perhaps be one of the biggest memories I will have of my mission. Thank you, Larry. Thank you, Heavenly Father."

I'm telling you guys - people's lives are changing. I am in awe. 

POVERTY AND PRIVILEGE
When I really stop to take a look at where I'm at, at where I walk and where I drive by, I cannot believe that I am really living here. I am been so blessed. Mom and Dad you guys have worked hard to provide a good life for Gladys, Krystal and I. I will forever be thankful for the family I grew up in.

INVESTIGATORS AT CHURCH
     From zero to five to two! Two this week :) It's okay! Two is better than one and better than none! We are happy! The work is moving forward! All the patience is really worth it!

     I love being a missionary. Just two and a half more weeks with Sister Lockwood. It kills me! I love her so much.

Here's a poem to end things off:

Good timber does not grow with ease,
The stronger wind, the stronger trees. 
The further sky, the greater length. 
The more the storm, the more the strength. 
By sun and cold, by rain and snow,
In trees and men good timbers grow.


I love you all! Happy birthday Gla! Keep the faith! Keep the smiles! Be nice to all. Kindness goes a long way.

Kindness goes a long way.

With love,
Sister Teo



No comments:

Post a Comment

With love, Sister Teo © 2014