Sunday, April 10, 2016

I was never supposed to go home this week

Sunday, April 10, 2016
Dear family, 

Happenings from this week
1. I CUT MY HAIR.

2. SISTER VERAS (NICOLE!!!!!!!!!!!) was there. I was SO SURPRISED! I walked into Sister Mortimer's house (she's a senior couple missionary who is a professional hair stylist!) (I got my hair cut for free! Yay!) and someone opened the door but was standing BEHIND the door and didn't show his/her face. When I first walked in I thought, "Okay, it's Elder Adduru just playing a trick on me" - because I saw SISTER Adduru sitting on the Mortimers' couch- but then I just turn around...and...I SEE SISTER VERAS!!!!!!!!!!! I died right there. Oh my gosh. She is home now. She is also probably reading this now on the blog. I was going to cry when we said bye. But it's okay. She will be in Utah. RIGHT? She will be in Utah. This summer. For me. Yay. 

3. POLITICAL ELECTIONS IN MAKATI...are...quite something. I'll just leave it at that. Last week I wrote about the Easter procession. This week I saw processions too, loooong lines of people, except it was for humans now. THE CANDIDATES for Mayor/Vice-Mayor/Assistant to Mayor/Some Office. And I just keep thinking to myself: hashtag-its-more-fun-in-the-philippines!

4. YESTERDAY WAS FAST AND TESTIMONY SUNDAY. One of our returning less-actives went up to bear his testimony. His name is Jamel, and he was in the pictures I sent home a couple of weeks ago where Sister Kumari and I brought two young men to the temple for a temple tour? Okay. So he's Jamel. And Jamel goes up and bears his testimony, and he's come a LOOOOONNNNGG way. Like, a LOOOONNNGGG way. He has made a lot of changes in his life to be where he is now, with light in his countenance and in his eyes. So Jamel bears his testimony, and then he says that he has "some people to thank." He starts thanking the missionaries, and I think, "Oh that's nice, the missionaries have played a big role in helping him come back to church," but then he goes on and says "Especially for Sister Teo". And I'm sitting there thinking, "How sweet," but then he keeps going on and says "She inspires me" and "I want to go on a mission now because of her" and things along those lines and all the members are turning around in their chair looking at me!!! And I just wanted to dig a hole in the ground and bury myself in it because it just sounded funny, the way that Jamel phrased his words! I didn't know if I should've been mad at the undue attention that he threw my way or if I should've been embarrassed. Well. Thank goodness that the members of the Makati 1 ward are friendly and understanding. We all just had a good laugh about it afterwards and shrugged it off. Whoo! What an experience. 

5. THIS WEEK I ALSO LEARNED NOT TO RUN FASTER THAN YOUR BODY HAS STRENGTH TO. Says it right there in the Book of Mormon. And it's true. 


6. DYING REQUESTS FROM A MISSIONARY ABOUT-TO-GO-HOME
Mom, Dad. Gladys. Krystal. 

When I get home, I am requesting that we have at LEAST ONE day where it's just Mom and I, Dad and I, Gla and I, or Krys and I, where we do absolutely NOTHING but just go out and be with each other. Meaning...Daddy, no work for one day. Like, no cell phone, no nothing. No calls. No work. Okay? That's my request. For me to get one day with each of you guys where WE are just together. Thanks. You can't say no to this request! So start thinking now what we can do while we are out. The time is nigh! 


+ + + +

     April 6 is this upcoming Wednesday. I am still keeping my eyes peeled as I try to figure out and try to understand...why God decided to keep me here two extra weeks. I'm not expecting a big sign from heaven with flashing lights that say "THIS IS WHY YOU NEEDED TO STAY," but I know that these last two weeks will be very special to me. There are more lessons for me to learn here.

And I will realize, by the end of it all, 
that I was never supposed to go home this week.


With love,
Sister Teo




No comments:

Post a Comment

With love, Sister Teo © 2014