Sunday, April 17, 2016

The Harder Right

Sunday, April 17, 2016
Dear family,

For a father
      Daddy- you celebrate your birthday this week! Happy early birthday! I hope you know that you are one of the greatest heroes in my life. I don't think that I've ever met someone as great as you are. You are my role model in my life. I don't think that I've ever met someone as great as you are. You are my role model and your example of hard work and selfless service and charity have created a deep crater of impression on me. I look up to you so much and I know that although you have blessed MANY, many lives...the greatest blessing you have bestowed has been on my life, as well as on Mommy's life and Gladys' life and Krystal's life. "Your righteousness is the greatest honor that a father can receive," said Elder Christofferson in his talk at General Conference. I will spend my whole life trying to make you proud of me. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

+ + + + + + + + + +

They say you dream of zombies
     When I "killed" Sister Pamesa (I was her last companion; that's the term they use) and she was about to go home, she told me how they say that you dream of zombies during your last couple of weeks. Or, in short, your dreams just get weirder and weirder. Well, I didn't dream up zombies but I did have two crazy dreams two nights in a row. I woke up each morning thinking, "What!" and had the biggest grin on my face. I wonder who the Dream Master is and how we dream things up.

     The first night I dreamt that I was at my wedding reception, but that it was a mix of being on a Texas ranch and the Buendia chapel at Makati. There were aLOT of people around me. I was in my wedding dress. But everyone was just walking right by me (I think they were zombies, now that I think about it...), not really caring to "enter" the door to my reception or something. And then I dreamt that the reception was in Buendia, and the decorations were super lame and my guests were running everywhere and it was a HUGE FAIL! And then I saw Ether there and I was freaking out at what a disaster this "wedding" was but then even Ether wasn't freaked out by anything! I was SO confused. I woke up shortly after and had no idea where that dream came from.

     My dream the next night was of me cleaning the bathroom. What?!?! I dreamt that the toilet bowl was clogged and I was trying to plumb it and fix it. EW! 

     So I guess I have officially joined the ranks of missionaries that dream of zombies and other weird things before they go home???

+ + + + + + + + + +

It's never goodbye!
     This weekend we said goodbye to the Addurus! I was really sad to have to say bye. They have been transferred to Palawan, meaning, Mom and Dad, that we won't get to see them when you guys are here. I tried not to cry and I succeeded. Because I promised them that one day Ether and I will go to Jerusalem with them. YAY! 

     The Addurus deserve a shout-out here, because I KNOW that they were sent to this area to bless MY life. They were a direct and tender mercy from God to me. I don't think that my last two transfers in this area would have been as memorable and spiritually uplifting if they hadn't kept working with us. I KNOW that God is aware of me, because He sent the Addurus to me. They've helped SO many people. Senior couple missionaries do just that. They bless so many lives. But I know that the Addurus started out their mission in MY area, in MY ward, BECAUSE God loves me. And He knew that I would need the support and encouragement that the Addurus always offered us. And so, yes. We parted ways with them, but it's never goodbye! I'll see them again soon!

+ + + + + + + + + +

Tuesday the 19th
     So...whoever shows up at Buendia next Tuesday...just know to be there at around 7 a.m to 7:30 a.m. Okay? Okay. If no one shows up I am booking MYSELF a ticket home on the 20th. I am swimming out of this country if I have to. Rain or shine. The end. 

+ + + + + + + + + +

The race
     This is my last, full week of work. At General Conference I got the distinct impression to keep working as if this week...were my FIRST. And I remember my first week. I was as green as any missionary could get. Sister Lockwood knows. :) 

     But until the race is over...we just keep running. I also love what President Monson said in his talk: "May we choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." 


I know that God is there.
I know that He will not forsake me.
I know that one day, I will understand.


With love,
Sister Teo

P.S. No pictures this week because WE SEE EACH OTHER NEXT WEEK ANYWAYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

With love, Sister Teo © 2014