Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Sporadic

Wednesday, March 23, 2016
Dear family, 

Some things that ran through my head this week
1."Pray. Pray really hard. Pray to love these people. It worked at the start of your mission; it will work now."
2."Yes! It's working! I've been focused on the work this week. I've given it my best. I am so tired, though. I just want to sleep..........and take a long nap........Hmm. Maybe after the mission."
3."It is getting SO hot here! Thank goodness I am no longer on Palawan! It was BURNING up there!"
4."I am so thankful that they don't have brown-outs (blackouts) here on the mainland."
5."I've come SO far. From those first few, humble months on Palawan... What a journey."
6."The Spirit of Elijah is real. We are finding and teaching a good number of new, part-member individuals and families. This can't be a coincidence."
7."I just wish that everyone would stop judging us and just listen to what we have to say for five minutes. And then afterwards, ACT on what we've told them."
8."How come people don't believe that this is true? Why is it so hard for them to believe?"
9."Well...I'm glad that I believe. I'm so glad that I believe."
10."Sister Kumari is getting better and better at Tagalog. It is a miracle to watch a child grow, little by little, but surely."
11."I remember having so much respect for Sister Lockwood as my trainer. I hope that I am doing my best for Sister Kumari so that she learns what she needs to learn. I hope I'm loving her enough."
12."Wow! Talk about being a 'mother.' You are so painfully made aware of all your weaknesses and what you need to improve on. I'm glad that I get this opportunity to train. I'm glad that God is helping me become a better, more refined person in this process. I'm glad that Sister Kumari is my last companion."
13."I just want to eat Halo-Halo all day, every day..."
14."I think I'll miss having all these tropical fruits when I'm back in Utah."
15."I am tired but it's the good kind of tired. It's the I-am-content-with-how-hard-I-worked-today tired."
16."Yes! We talked to 190 people this week! We hit the mission standard of excellence!"
17."I remember President promising us at our Finish Strong meeting that if we give ALL that we have these last couple of weeks, that someone that we talk to within these last couple of weeks WILL end up getting baptized somewhere down the road, and that person WILL get to go through the temple. Have I already found that person? Where is this person?"
18."I know I can, I know I can, I know I can."

Six.


With love,
Sister Teo




No comments:

Post a Comment

With love, Sister Teo © 2014