Wednesday, March 23, 2016

4

Wednesday, March 23, 2016
Dear family,

     To tell you the truth as the weeks tick down and zoom by faster and faster...the more I am at a loss for words on what my emails should be about. I feel like I'll see you all so soon that I should just do the storytelling face-to-face...but at the same time I want to keep you all updated on how life in the PHILIPPINES has been doing! 

Science whizzes
     So last P-Day we went to the MUSEUM! Wow. What a breath of fresh air. It was pretty high-tech and had all sorts of cool science artifacts...all of which my mind has long forgotten about (sob sob). Almost all of my pictures in this week's email are from our trip to the museum. Pretty self-explanatory. 


+ + + + + + + + + + 


Saved by the Addurus
     This is a super long story whose many details will not make it onto this week's email (too lazy), but let's just say that I love the Addurus (we all know that) and they basically SAVED me and Sister Kumari's temple tour that we had planned for some people. We had originally invited an investigator to come with us, along with her LA cousin, but then last minute they cancelled on us because they got in an argument, and this was at 6:30 a.m. in the morning as Sister Kumari and I were already getting ready to leave the house...I was so close to tears because with this investigator bailing on us we still had OTHER people we had invited to come along with us, but those people were all male, and without a third female counterpart we wouldn't be able to HAVE a temple tour! For a good hour I was ringing up every sister I knew (bless their hearts) to ask if they could just impromptu come with us all the way to the temple (big request!) Well. God doesn't forsake us. The Addurus changed their entire day's plans to step in and SAVE OUR DAY. So grateful. So we ended up going to the temple with two LA members. Pictures are also included. 

+ + + + 
+ + + + + + 


Diamonds in the rough
     Remember that family I wrote to you guys about last week? The GOLDEN family that Sister Kumari and I found from out of nowhere? THEY ALL CAME TO CHURCH LAST SUNDAY! 

    Well. Here's another hard truth: even families that look happy on the outside...maybe aren't, on the inside. 

     There is a LOT of work that we need to do with this family. Let's just leave it at that. I have contemplated much about them this past week and alot of the feelings, promptings and experiences that I (we) have had with them are very sacred and dear to my heart. But I believe that there is something here. I truly believe that. We will not let them go. 

+ + + + 
+ + + + + + 

Lessons for life
     On that note, let me just say...that I feel like it has only been in these very LAST few weeks of the mission that God has been teaching me a variety of life lessons. Alot of pondering has been done. Alot of self-evaluation has been done. Alof of epiphanies have been received. 

I know that God is shaping me to become who He knows I can become.

And I am so very grateful.


Well! Another week has come and gone. Next week's P-Day will be on Monday. Tomorrow is zone conference day! And then the day after we have exchanges with the STLs. And then it'll be Saturday again, and then Easter Sunday...where I'll be giving a talk in sacrament! And then it'll be Monday again!

Someone tell me where these last 18 months have gone????


I love you all! 


With love,
Sister Teo











No comments:

Post a Comment

With love, Sister Teo © 2014