Thursday, December 31, 2015

Real Growth

Thursday, December 31, 2015
Dear family, 

A Christmas call

     I cannot say how GREAT it was to get to call home on the 24th and the 25th! I was amazed- SO shocked- that I could speak to Mommy and understand her and I could finally speak to Grandma and Grandpa and UNDERSTAND them... Man, this mission blows my mind. The gift of tongues is real. Every new person that I meet here keeps asking why I speak so well, and I'm like, "I have no idea!" I was struggling a year ago, so I guess twelve months of hard work does something? :) 

+ + + + + + + + + +

A Christmas shock

     Okay, so I apologize for my make-up being all runny and my eyeliner being all over the place when I called you guys up Christmas morning. They had JUST unloaded on me all that information about our release dates being changed from April 6 to April 20 and it caught me SOOOOO off surprise and I just burst into tears, because let's face it, I really wanted to be at Ether's graduation and then that happened and ruined it and I was so upset, BUT, getting to talk to you all was MAGICAL. I can't get over how grown-up Gladys and Krystal are now (physically) and Daddy you lost weight. And you look hip with your new glasses. You're the coolest Dad around the block. Can't wait to be back with you all again! (I wish I got to see you Mommy! Are you still young as ever?) 

+ + + + + + + + + +

Acceptance, willingly

     I guess I need to formally put it out there that President gave me the option of coming home on April 6. I did not like that I was given a choice; I'd rather be told that THIS is how it is, or THAT is how it is - I hate making choices. Choices like this. But... I know that God's hand is in all things. I know that this change of date is not coincidental, and I know that everything will be okay. It took a lot of soul-searching and actually many, many, many tears and tearful prayers and time on bended knee for me to find out for myself if this is really okay for me to do...but I have felt very strongly that I can't come home on the 6th. If the 20th is when I need to be here up 'til, then the 20th it is. I have faith. I have faith that it will be okay. With that being said, I'm still so scared. And that's ironic because faith should dispel fear, and okay, maybe I'm not 100% fearless of the future yet...but I'm praying hard for this added faith. I'm crossing my fingers that this faith will devour my fears. 

I don't know what God needs to be do in these two extra weeks, but...I will do it. 

Please support me in my decision. 

+ + + + + + + + + +

It's all about timing

     This is kind of old-story, but about two weeks ago when I went to get my passport renewed at the Singapore embassy (I think that Ether and I should be laughing about this because...um...the passport won't last very long...ahem) Sister Esmolo and I met this couple. The guy, the brother- he was Singaporean and he was getting HIS passport renewed as well. His name is Mr. Thng and he is married to a Filipina. We talked to them for a good hour in the waiting room (because the people in the embassy were late) and so we had a pretty good relationship of trust. Well. Can I just say? --- God is not a God of coincidence. It's all about timing. We met them there, and we were able to drop by their house yesterday. Um, they DO live at the furthest end of our mission, and so THAT was fun to have to travel in traffic, BUT. That's the blessing of getting to serve in the international ward. You get to serve in the ENTIRE mission! Sometimes it blows my mind that God trusts Sister Esmolo and I with this... Anyhow, this family is one to watch out for. Hopefully we'll have more updates for you soon!

+ + + + + + + + + +

Carol Ashby

TODAY MY DEAR FRIEND CAROL LUMAPAS BECAME CAROL ASHBY. 

     And she was gorgeous. And her wedding was gorgeous. And the food was top-notch. And she is my role model because she made sure this wedding was low-key and small, because she'd mentioned to us that she KNOWS what the purpose of marriages are. It isn't about million-dollar receptions or the best bouquet of flowers or the most expensive wedding gown...she told us that she knows in her heart what she wants. She wants to start a family. She WANTS family. And family beats money or hyped-up preparations for a wedding reception that will just last a couple of hours. She's got her priorities straight, and with her being newly baptized in October and now her and Josh being on their way to the temple NEXT October...I can't help but feel so proud of her. She is one of my greatest role models. (P.S. Tons of wedding pictures!) 

+ + + + + + + + + +

     The new year is just around the corner. 2015 has been...I cannot even put it into words what I feel about all that has gone down this past year. Thank you for all your support this year. Thank you for every silent prayer from countries across the world. To everyone that has followed me on this adventure...Thank you. Thank you so much.

I did it.

     I gave my Savior this entire year.

     And I will keep running to the end, because this mission isn't over until it is over.


With love,
Sister Teo








No comments:

Post a Comment

With love, Sister Teo © 2014