Sunday, January 10, 2016

The Start Of Something New

Sunday, January 10, 2016
Dear family, 


The best seventeen year old this world has seen
     KRYS YOU ARE TURNING 17 YEARS OLD TOMORROW! Oh my gosh this is too weird. So weird. I can't believe it. I remember when I turned 17. And holy moly, Gladys is turning 18 in a couple of weeks. Okay this is so weird. I'm weirded out. How are you guys not...babies anymore? Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......................ANYWAYS HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I love you so much. 

     Growing up (here we go, a speech) you were always the peacemaker in the family. Well, you were the peacemaker between the three of us, for sure. Gladys and I always fought and you were always silent and you were just that...very saintly, Mother-Mary-type of child. Except for when you had tantrums. HAHAHA. But then I would always wait for you to get over your tantrums and you ALWAYS did, and I was always so proud. Gladys and I are too much like each other (and that is why we fought so much, but GLADYS YOU KNOW YOU LOVE ME), and you aren't like us, which is good. 

     Thank you for being so wonderful. Thank you for being there for Gladys these last 15 months that I haven't been able to be with you guys. I love you so much, and I think that the entire internet loves you too because people can go online and know how I am doing, and it is all because of you! I love you. Happy birthday! Work hard in school! I'm coming home soooooon!


+ + + + + + + + + +


The return of Sheila
     SHEILA IS BACK! Did I already say that last week? No, I don't think so, because she only JUST got back THIS week. But...SHE IS BACK! And she is AWESOME AS EVER! She will be baptized January 16th, and to be honest I'm super bummed because transfers are on January 13 and that means I won't be here...But I've thought about this alot, and my perspective on "baptisms" and "numbers" have changed alot since I was new on the mission. So I won't get to be there when she is dressed in white, but I DO get to claim that Sister Esmolo and I were the first missionaries to teach her and help her and introduce her to the church, and that is as priceless of a gift as anything else. Again- she is only 15 years old. And she is so great, and so prepared, and I have no idea how magical people like her just drop into our laps. Sometimes, God is just merciful. And He is definitely merciful to her. This WILL help and change her life. 


+ + + + + + + + + + 


Romeo, Romeo
     Seeing double? I think so! We've met two Romeos so far that are both in their 50s or so, both without wives (one Romeo's wife died, the other Romeo has been divorced three times) and both...kind of...searching for light. The first Romeo we have known for quite some time now and he is so nice. But he works at the City Hall and is always so busy and we've never gotten a chance to sit down with him. But we gave him a Book of Mormon the first time we met him, AND he has read it! So hopefully before I leave next week we will have a lesson with him. The second Romeo...is still not ready for all of this, I think. And I've come to realize that sometimes...these people that we meet on the streets just need that ONE conversation we have with them. Maybe they won't let you come back and teach them, but in those five, ten minutes we first talked to Romeo #2, I testified (whoa) to him that this will help him. I testified (whoa!) about what I know to be true, and that the gospel will help him be happy. Oh. Also. Both Romeos have lived in the USA. Romeo #2 has actually met the missionaries in Texas. Hmm. Romeo, Romeo...WHERE ART THOU GOING IN LIFE, ROMEO? I want to help these people so bad......(deep sigh) Silent lessons learnt.


+ + + + + + + + + +


Filled with joy
     Sister Esmolo and I also have another investigator who is super amazing and awesome and totally prepared to take in all that the gospel has for her. It's a bit more step-by-step for her, though, because she works at the Hiatt's home (she is their helper) and so we don't see her so often, BUT. This beautiful woman - her name is Joy - has been a work in the making for the past 20 years. She received a Book of Mormon from a 12 year old child in 1994, and it has been 20 years since then. She has always kept that Book of Mormon, and this kid's testimony that was written in pencil is now faded away, and the pages are YELLOW, and this BOM is the first edition ever and so it is super thick.......and look where we are now, 20 years later. Joy never really read it, but she has always come in contact with Mormons, somehow, somewhere. Almost all of the families she has worked for have been Mormons. Coincidence? No. Meeting and teaching Joy reaffirms my testimony that God has a timetable for everyone. And His timetable is the best. 


+ + + + + + + + + +

It has been a good week! A great end to 2015 and now we have flown into 2016. The year starts all over again and I know that this year will be a GOOD year. There are great things ahead. Alot of change, but alot of good. This is our year. 

This is my year. 


With love,
Sister Teo



No comments:

Post a Comment

With love, Sister Teo © 2014