Monday, December 21, 2015

The December Rush

Monday, December 21, 2015
Dear family, 

To sing to millions
     This last week we finally got done with our last choir performance for TV. We sang for Channel 4 and this was probably the best exposure we got so far. The cameras and the show actually gave us legitimate airtime, where they filmed us singing an entire song. We didn't get that from Channel 5 (Santa House) and GMA7 was great, but...we got like, ten seconds worth of TV time from them (GMA7). SOOOOOO my conclusion is that Channel 4 rocked the house and LET us rock it, and by the end of it all President Ostler sent us choir members a text, thanking us for spreading the gospel through song, and for spreading our message to millions of watchers. I will miss this Christmas choir so much! I don't think I've ever sang so many Christmas songs in my life, and especially not with this much heart. I felt goosebumps run through me over and over again. The Spirit testified to me that what we are doing is good. Hopefully someone out there felt that, too. 

Only a delay
     December 26 is this weekend! During our mission Christmas party this last Tuesday, President told us that there are 98 people on-date for their December 26 baptism. Okay. Here's where a bit of heartbreak comes in. We found out on Thursday that...Sheila left for her province because her grandmother was said to be very ill and she wanted to spend some "last minutes" with her lola. YAH. Sister Esmolo and I were left speechless. Here we have our GOLDEN investigator that God placed in our hands- she really came to us from out of nowhere- and without a word of warning, she left. Easy come, easy go? (insert nervous laugh) I'll have to be honest though: I am sad that we won't get to baptize her this weekend, but I'm more worried for her and her grandma than I am about us not achieving this goal. We are here teaching people. We aren't here to count numbers. Sheila is so great. So prepared. I've never met a more spiritually-mature young girl than Sheila, especially at her age. She WILL be baptized...we'll just have to wait for January!

Brrrrrrrrrs
     Ya. That was me during ALL my cold, icy showers this past week. The passing typhoon brought with it really chilly weather and heavy rainfall, and with it being December and the temperature being significantly cooler right now...showering was NOT very fun. I don't think I've ever showered in such cold water in my LIFE. I never DREAMT of showering in such cold water. And the whole time, I just pictured myself in Antarctica or something, in some cold, cold, COLD country, maybe having a shower in the SNOW. It was that cold. No kidding. Mission experiences- they are the best. 

Feelin' the Christmas spirit
     The Filipinos know how to celebrate Christmas, alright! They are getting ready their karaoke sets and their decorations and I don't think there are more humbler people on this Earth than them that, despite their circumstances, still know how to throw a good party and fill the air with Christmas cheer. We have quite a lot of member mealtime appointments lined up this week as people are inviting us into their homes for Christmas meals. And sometimes, maybe more often than not...I sit and realize, in awe, at how different this Christmas will be from last Christmas. From Palawan to Manila city...Christmas is the same Christmas, if it comes from within your heart. 

Temple and wedding, but not temple wedding
     So just for your information, I will be emailing home on Tuesday next week! That's when we are scheduled for our temple day. But before that, Sister Esmolo and I...get to go to Carol's WEDDING!!! Carol's getting married!!! She's tying the knot! She's going to start her forever family! She won't get to be sealed until she reaches her one-year mark next year, in October of 2016, BUT...this civil wedding- that's a good first step, right? I am so excited. This will be my first time going to a wedding in a looooooong time! And you can bet your money that I'll be there in Salt Lake when her and Josh get sealed next fall! Sister Lockwood and I both! <3 

Skype
     IS ANYONE ELSE JUST WISHING THAT CHRISTMAS DAY WILL COME ALREADY?! The kind, senior couple missionaries have offered up their homes to us missionaries to make our Skype calls this week, so I'll be calling you guys at 10 a.m., FRIDAY MORNING. Be online! We only get 30 minutes with each other (sad face) because the other 30 minutes will be with Mommy, over the phone, but 30 minutes is better than nothing! I can't wait!!!

+ + + + + + + + + +

     I can't believe how quickly December is going! It blows my mind. 

Also, shout-out to one of the BEST FRIENDS I've gained here on the mission...SISTER LOCKWOOD IS OFFICIALLY HOME!!!! I am so proud of her. We'll be awaiting our reunion! 


With love,
Sister Teo











No comments:

Post a Comment

With love, Sister Teo © 2014