Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Wednesday, May 13, 2015
Dear family, 

Skype Call
     I cannot, cannot, CANNOT tell you how much it helped me seeing your faces on Saturday! Getting to talk with you all! Getting to feel of your love and support for me. I hope that in more ways than one you were able to sense how I have (hopefully) grown over the last few months since Christmas. I hope that I was able to represent my part as a missionary. I hope that you were able to see that I am no longer a little girl. You did a good job sheltering us all while we were growing up, Dad, but this mission has really opened my eyes to the things of this world. To what it takes to be an "adult." NEVERTHELESS, I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH! I love my family! That's you guys! These last seven months have really strengthened my love for you all. I hope that you had a great mother's day, Mom! You are the best! Thank you for all that you have done for Gladys, Krystal and I. Your example has meant the world to me. 

The city girl......was afraid of the city
     Won't lie; the transition was hard. Well, this is just information for the rest of the world that hasn't already heard about my struggles to get back into living the city life. Before boarding that plane to leave Palawan, I didn't think much about how big of an adjustment I would have to make. There is so much of a difference serving here than on Palawan. But a thought that I keep drawing myself back to, a thought that gives me strength, is this: If my trainer, Sister Lockwood, could do this 24 weeks ago, so can I. She made the move back here. If she could do it, I can too. 
     Besides...I mean, I was born and raised in cities. It's in me, right?!?! I just have to rekindle that spark, that flame, that LOVE I have for polluted air, millions of people around me, and, well...not having a single second of quiet. Place the city girl back into the city- well, "city missionary"- and she's got to be bound to get right back into what she came from! Manila is beautiful. It is definitely one of a kind. I feel like I am in the "Taken" movie where that tall actor (oh man, how have I forgotten his name) is in Turkey. This feels like Turkey. Not that I know anything about what it feels like living in Turkey. 

Brian
     SO GUESS WHAT?! Brian passed his interview on Sunday, meaning that he will get baptized...THIS SATURDAY! The 16th! AHHHHHHHHHHH! I've only been able to teach him twice since I got here, but we are going to have to have daily contact with him everyday for quite sometime from here on out...and I am so privileged/honored to be experiencing the harvest. He is so prepared. His girlfriend, Yutchie, introduced him to the gospel. I read his teaching record just last night and he only started taking the lessons at the start of April. And look where he is now! A month and some later! All ready to enter the waters of baptism. I am so happy for him. He is still YSA-age, 19/20 years old, somewhere along those lines, and he is planning on serving a mission after a year. The elect, or WHAT?! May 16th can't come any faster! 

Brian...and three others!
     Yes. There will be four baptisms happening this Saturday. The other three are children! They are all turning eight sometime this week and will be baptized with Brian. May 16th is going to be a sweeeeeet day. I remember when I was baptized! How was that 12 years ago? Where does all the time go? 


It hasn't yet been a full week since I've been here in Bonifacio but I know that there is work to do here. I have faith that I will be able to pull through the first couple of weeks of adjustment-making. I did it on Palawan; I'll be able to do it here. I love you all SO much. Have faith. Press forward. Believe, and have hope.


With love,
Sister Teo




No comments:

Post a Comment

With love, Sister Teo © 2014