Monday, March 9, 2015

Drinking Water Each Day, Keeps the Doctor Away!!

Monday, March 9, 2015
Dear family,

THE HARVEST
     This past week, we as a district HARVESTED MANGOES! At the Magbanua farm. The Magbanuas are a huge member family here on Palawan (unfortunately not in our branch) but one of the brothers in our branch works on their farm...and so we went and picked MANGOES! 
     It was so much fun. It was really hot. But it was really fun. Now I can say that I have officially harvested Filipino mangoes! Climbed trees! (Okay not really: I got about *that* high and then starting freaking out because I'm scared of heights.) Worked like a farmer! I wish I could show you guys those pictures but...the internet is being a little mean today and they won't load. So maybe next time. Or in a year. 

OPEN YOUR MOUTH
     So this past week at District meeting, we reviewed our numbers for the week and we realized that our OYM numbers had gone way down. Basically, an OYM is when you talk to someone/initiate a conversation and then eventually extend an invitation to them to learn more about our message. Or you invite them to go to church. It was a big wake-up call for me personally because I will admit that I've been getting a teeny bit lazy on the OYMs ever since Sister Lockwood left. I don't know; it's just less self-conscious of a matter when you talk to Filipinos with another foreigner beside you. You don't worry as much about messing up on your Tagalog. SO! I made it a goal to get back into the OYM-ing goal this past week. And I must say that I am proud with my efforts! 
     I will keep working my way back to the top. But I guess here's the lesson for you all: until you open your mouths, people won't know. They won't know about anything. If you want someone to know you love them, let them know. Open your mouth. If you want to be someone's friend, nothing's going to happen...until you open your mouth. It's scary, but it's worth it. You never know what will happen. 

AGNES (part II)
     She experienced her own miracle this past week! Her husband/"it's complicated"-boyfriend came back! She told us of how he returned and how she was crying and in the midst of her crying she began to pray. For the first time in forever (No, not "Frozen"), she prayed. What a miracle! I know that Heavenly Father blesses those who accept Him back into their lives. The minute/second they start to make changes in their lives to come closer to Him, He immediately does his part. I know this to be true. 

DEHYDRATION...and diarrhea
     So remember how we went mango harvesting? Wellllll.......because it's been a million degrees here on Palawan (and will continue to get hotter in the coming months), I kind of sort of forgot to drink enough water...and got dehydrated. Which led to exhaustion. Which led to diarrhea. Not sure how the cycle begins or ends but...yup. My last couple of days in a nutshell. 
     I remember waking up the next day (after mango harvesting), looking at myself in the mirror and thinking, "WHOA! It looks like I didn't get any sleep AT ALL!" Later I find out that I'm actually dehydrated, hence the nausea. Hence the tiredness. Hence the diarrhea. Second time now since being in the Philippines that I've gotten sick with stomach flu. Lesson to be learnt here, kids: "Drinking water each day keeps the doctor away." I will remember that. Can't wait to start eating solid foods again....only things I've had in the past 30 hours is water, gatorade, and toast. Awesome.

THIS UPCOMING WEEK...
     Will be exciting! Zone conference happens on Friday and that's where Sister H. and I will give our training to all the missionaries here on Palawan. Still a little bit freaked out, but...we got this! And then on Sunday is district conference. And next week will be full of fun stuff as well! There WILL be more pictures next week! 


I love you all! We are going to a crocodile farm later! Fun fun!

Also: I turn five months old on this mission tomorrow! FIVE MONTHS! That's one month away from being 1/3 done! But okay. I won't get ahead of myself. Know that I love you all, I pray for you all always, and I promise that you will all be happier when you do the little things. Pray. Read your scriptures. Stay close to God. He will never abandon you. 

With love,
Sister Teo



No comments:

Post a Comment

With love, Sister Teo © 2014