Monday, October 27, 2014

Monday, October 27, 2014

   EVERYONE!!!

How did the last week just fly by like this?! I cannot believe that we are into our second week now. I don't know where all that time went. The first week was definitely SOOOO long and sooooo challenging, but this week has been a good one. I received so much strength and comfort from reading you guys' emails last week and I thank you all so much. As usual, we have an hour of emailling and as we all know, that is not enough time to say everything, but here are some of my highlights of the past week.

MY RELATIONSHIP WITH SISTER MULLER IS GOING WELL. I am so, so happy about this. So, so grateful. The first week was a little tough because like I said, we aren't the same person, but after going with her to the temple last week and being able to laugh with her and be more of ourselves, we get along well now. I've been praying alot about this because I wanted to be able to develop a relationship with my companion, and God truly answers prayers. Can't stress how important that is and how amazing it is to know that there is a Heavenly Father who answers my prayers. We had our first companionship inventory this week and it went really well. We tol each other things to improve on as well as things we liked about each other. It was a neat experience. For all you guys who know me....I HATE talking about my feelings. (Ahem Ether) It takes me FOREVER to say what I am thinking, and so before we began the inventory I was sooooo scared. But...you know, that was a new moumntain I conquered, and for that I am grateful!!!! Can't wait to tell you  more about Sister Muller and I as these next weeks go by.

TEO HOUSEHOLD, REPRESENT!!! First in line to eat, first to speak in sacrament meeting on my FIRST Sunday?!?!?!?! For real though, the elders and sisters in my district always laugh at me because I am always the first to get food. And on Sunday, it was whoever-gets-called-up-by-the-President-gets-to-speak, and GUESS WHO HAD THE BEST LUCK IN THE WORLD (sarcasm)?! ME!!! Good thing I went prepared and that they picked me to talk on the topic I had already prepped myself on. Wonderful! :) The MTC is great. I LOVE THE MANILA MTC SO MUCH. It is so small and that means you basically know everyone. Well, almost everyone. What a blessing. I surely wouldve felt SO lost in the Provo MTC. I guess all things happen for a reason!!!

SO I FORGOT TO SAY LAST WEEK, I AM A SISTER-TRAINING-LEADER! Speaking of last week though, I was honestly SO out of it. Started crying immediately when I opened my email. This week I'm doing good, so....not a whole lot of tears :) Although I definitely still miss you all so much!!! BUT UMM, YES! I am an STL. Sister-training-leader. How cool is that? It's a funny story, pretty long one that I won't get into right now, but basically there were like 2 times that I thought they would release me from being an STL. And both times, NOTHING! President Beck (MTC President) said that he wanted me to keep being an STL. Sooo...I'm an STL! Our jobs aren't too hard. Not as hard as being District leader or Zone leader. STLs just look after the sisters and report to the meetings every Sunday. It's pretty cool stuff :)

WENT TO THE TEMPLE AGAIN TODAY! So blessed to be right across from the Manila temple. Went with my entire district and it was the best. The peace and quiet that I feel when I am in the temple...can't beat that feeling. Especially since missionary schedules are so packed, 24/7 (aside from sleeping), being able to have quiet time is AMAZING.

WE ARE STILL TEACHING PROGRESSING INVESTIGATORS THIS WEEK. One is Adam Pascua and the other is Janny Dela Cruz. I love them so much and want them to know of the happiness that I know of and feel. It's tough learning to prepare for the lessons, especially since I have to speak in Tagalog, but...you know! It'll come along. Still trying, still learning- that's the key, right?!

WE SAID BYE TO THE SENIOR BATCH OF MISSIONARIES ON WEDNESDAY, BUT WE RECEIVED NEW ONES TODAY! Largest intake of the year. 120 missionaries in total. It was HARD saying goodbye to the missionaries on Wednesday, especially to the Filipinos. I know that I probably won't ever see them again and I just felt so...proud of them, seeing them go out into their missions. But today we welcomed the new kids and I cannot believe that I was just in their shoes 2 weeks ago. How insane?! I'm trying to be as welcoming as possible. They are definitely in for a ride!!! The first week will be tough. But I am excited to grow with my new friends and help them feel at home.

I love you all so, so much. I think of you guys often and it drives me. It motivates me. Families can be together FOREVER. I KNOW that. I feel so blessed to be sharing my beliefs with the people of the Philippines, WHO, by the way, I am starting to love SO much. Also, filipino food is the bomb dot com. Gotta learn to cook.........!!

HAVE A GREAT WEEK EVERYONE! Dad, thank you for your email. I definitely think of your own mission experience alot. It always brings tears to my eyes when I think of what you had to go through to serve for 2 years. If you could do it, then I can too. Mom, thanks for being worried about my jewelry being snatched off. Don't worry, I'll save my bling just for the MTC. When I go out I'll wear less bling :)

Gladys and Krystal- MISS YOU GUYS' PRETTY FACES!!!!!! STUDY HARD IN SCHOOL! I promise you won't regret it.

EVERYONE ELSE- UM SEND ME HANDWRITTEN LETTERS?!?!??!?! It is hard to read everyone's emails in one hour...and I'd love some snail mail :)

BUT I LOVE YOU ALL! I Pray for EVERYONE always.

With love,
Sister Teo

P.S More pictures in separate emails!

+ + + + + + + + + +






P.P.S Sorry these pictures come in separate emails!!! This email thing only lets us send 15 MB pictures at one time.......grh.
P.P.P.S I thought I would miss technology. Like my iPhone and everything.....but...I'm doing well! No withdrawals :) Maybe music withdrawals, but I solve that by singing with my district :) We're a cool bunch :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

With love, Sister Teo © 2014