Tuesday, November 10, 2015

No-vem-ber

Tuesday, November 10, 2015
Dear family, 

NOVEMBER
     Okay. Can I just ask - HOW IS IT NOVEMBER ALREADY?!??!?!?!?!? I can't even think about 2015 ending. I REMEMBER it being the end of 2014 and me being on Palawan and I REMEMBER being a NEW missionary. How am I now an old missionary?! How am I only 22 weeks away from going home? I think it helps that the Philippines is just hot all year round. I don't have changing seasons here and so the days go by faster (good, or bad?) and well. Time is just a weird concept when you live in a country that has the same weather 24/7, all year round.

     November holds good days up ahead! Sister Esmolo taught a family (a recent-convert family) on Palawan (her last area) and they are actually going to be SEALED as a family at the end of this month! She gets to attend their sealing in the temple, and since I am her companion, I get to go too! It will be my first ever time witnessing a sealing. I can't wait!

     Also, Elder Richard G. Maynes of the Presidency of the Seventy is coming to tour/visit our mission this month! He comes the 17th, if I am not wrong. All the missionaries will be gathered together at the Buendia Chapel to hear him speak. All missionaries on Palawan will be flown off of Palawan, too! Isn't that cool? 

+ + + + + + + + + + 

FIESTA NG MGA PATAY (FIESTA OF THE DEAD)
     Weirdest fiesta I've ever come across in my life! Sorry Mom. I mean, it's kind of like how the Chinese have tomb-sweeping day, but here it's like a party in the cemetery! Our apartment sits on a road where a cemetery lies, and yesterday the entire road was blocked off so that no cars could enter. People had to walk to get from one place to another. Sister Esmolo and I ended up having to walk from our area all the way back home. It was like a carnival just finished or something- the roads were filled with little stands and litter and candles everywhere. Hmmmmm.

+ + + + + + + + + + 

COUNTING MY BLESSINGS
     This past week the thought came to me about how blessed I am to be here in this area. I get to speak ENGLISH and serve the Lord! I cannot TELL you how good it feels to preach the gospel in my own tongue! I love Tagalog and I love teaching in Tagalog, but nothing feels better than bearing my testimony in English. And it is also such a privilege that I get to attend church at the Buendia chapel! The FIRST chapel EVER to be built in Manila! SO special. God is so good to me. I am so thankful. 


     This week has come and gone! This next week will go by even faster too because we have MLC again at President's home on Thursday. I love getting to meet with him.

     Also, shout-out to Sister Pamesa, if she is reading this: I MISS YOU SO MUCH!!!


I love you all! And I miss you all. So much. 


With love,
Sister Teo

P.S. The 3rd ward had a Halloween party this last Saturday. We had our dinner there. Jerry cracks me up in the pictures. Also featured: Caizy (in a mask). 
P.P.S. There's a picture of me and a sister by the big mission sign. That's one of our investigators. Her name is Bebelyn. She is a sweetie. She is 20. She has some ways to go...but she can do it!










No comments:

Post a Comment

With love, Sister Teo © 2014