Monday, November 16, 2015

Carried

Monday, November 16, 2015
Dear family, 

Over-excited
     Sister Esmolo and I taught again at zone meeting this past week, but let me just say - my mind has been so exhausted recently that I was out of it at the start of the meeting! Right after the prayer is said, we usually recite (as an entire zone) D&C 4 and then the "My Purpose (as a missionary)" paragraph. That's how the flow is supposed to go. I've been here 13-going-on-14 months, meaning I've had 13 zone meetings now, meaning... I should know that that was how it was going to flow. But during the prayer, because I was praying so hard that Sister Esmolo and I would be able to deliver the opening remarks well enough, by the time the "AMEN" was said, I just stood up from my seat and marched to the front of the room. I literally MARCHED to the front of the room, with 100% confidence. 
AWKWARD. 

A-W-K-W-A-R-D
     I'd been so wrapped up in my thoughts of giving the opening remarks that I completely forgot that there was someone else who was supposed to come up before us...and so everyone was just sitting in their seats, looking at me like "Whaaaa...." and I'm like "Oh man..." and I could feel my face turning red, BUT everyone burst out laughing because I kept laughing too and there we go. I was just a really excited STL, excited to give the opening remarks. Too excited. Well. At least now everyone knows how excited I am for these things! 

+ + + + + + + + + +

Tender mercy, three musketeers
     I don't know what's been going on with my body recently but I've been feeling SO tired. All the time. It's a different kind of tiredness though- it's almost like exhaustion. And with my body feeling so tired, my mind gets tired too, trying to juggle everything in my head and sort out my thoughts etc. Anyways. 

     We had exchanges again this week with another pair of sisters. I loved it. It is so good getting to be with other sisters to see how they are doing. You start to see that we're not all very different. But by the time the exchange ended, I was REALLY tired. I just wanted to crawl into bed and cry (I know, I'm such a girl). But the work had to go on, and we still had lessons to teach, but thank goodness it was lunch break. Sister Esmolo and I went into Subway, and as we were sitting there, and I was on the verge of tears...I looked out the glass doors...and guess who I saw? 

My friends! Two of my greatest friends. 

That was a tender mercy. That was a miracle much needed. That was God telling me He was aware of me and my thoughts and me needing some comfort, and that was Him sending Sister Lockwood and Sister Veras my way. I ran out the store and just bear-hugged Sister Lockwood and she asked me how I was and tears started flowing and I just said, "I'm so tired," and then I saw tears in her eyes too, and Sister Veras was being like Gladys and jokingly telling me "Stop crying!" and I felt so much love for these two girls. I love them. God is good to have had me be their companions here on the mission. I've seen the hand of the Lord in a lot of tender mercies. But this, by far, has been one of the greatest mercies I've experienced my entire mission. Right when I needed some extra love, God SENT love. I am so thankful. 

+ + + + + + + + + +

Lights, duet... action!
     So every year they have an annual temple lighting where they OFFICIALLY turn on the temple lights on temple grounds. The Area Presidency attends this ceremony, as does a group of local leaders. I am so excited to get to go with the rest of the choir! But guess what? Umm...guess who is going to be singing in a duet? In front of the Area Presidency? At the temple? At the TEMPLE LIGHTING? ...Um. Okay. Yes. Me. Okay. So scared. 

+ + + + + + + + + +

Duet and birds
     On that note: there's this family that I've gotten pretty close to here in the 4th ward- the Titus family. We've sat behind them at sacrament meeting a couple of times, and they've turned around after sacrament before and told me that they like hearing me sing. Yesterday, though - and this is the first time anyone has ever given me this comment - Sister Titus said, "When you sing, I almost imagine, like, BIRDS flying around in the air chirping and dancing around you." HAHAHAHA I laughed out loud at that! She said I'm like Snow White. Singing and dancing with those bluebirds. Like in Disney. Okay. HAHA. Just keep looking out for birds if you hear me sing! 

+ + + + + + + + + +

All that potential
     As you all ALSO know, we've been fasting and praying as a companionship to find new investigators. And I know that there aren't any coincidences in the Lord's work, because over this last week, we've talked to so many people on the streets (tracting) that have made for SUCH good, potential new investigators. Not a coincidence at all! We are really trying to follow up on these people and to go back to their houses ASAP, because we don't want to lose them. But I know it to be true what is said in Preach My Gospel: God will place people in your path that are prepared to receive the gospel. Fingers crossed that these people will be part of the miracle story of our mission's White Christmas 2015! 

+ + + + + + + + + +

Second parents
     I also have to let you know how much I love the Ostlers. 
     
     Last night we had an FHE at the mission home with our recent converts in the 4th ward, as well as with Jerry (only investigator present). President and Sister Ostler are SO loving. Their home is FILLED to the brim with the Spirit. I LOVE President and Sister Ostler. Thank you, Dad, for your wisdom and persistence in making sure that we met President and Sister Ostler before I even came on the mission. President hasn't forgotten that meeting. He brings it up all the time. And last night, at the dinner table, as we were all seated around eating, he tells everyone, "Did you know that we met Sister Teo even before she was a missionary? Yup, the first time we saw her she was this innocent, young, scared teenager...and now, look at her: she's matured so much." (#thankyousomuch) I am so grateful to have second parents here on the mission field. They have so much of my heart. I will forever be indebted to President for the impact he has had on my spiritual growth. I love them so, so much. Always keep them in your prayers, okay? 

+ + + + + + + + + +

     I'll be honest: I AM. tired. Maybe my body is just reacting to having done this rigorous routine for so long. Ain't never worked a day in my life before this mission. But this is a happy work. And God won't let people be sad while doing something so happy. I think I just need to up my water intake!

I love you all! We get to hear Elder Maynes tomorrow. I am so excited. But don't worry. I don't think I'll march to the front after the opening prayer is said. 


With love,
Sister Teo










No comments:

Post a Comment

With love, Sister Teo © 2014