Monday, September 7, 2015

Heavenly Father Is So Good

Monday, September 7, 2015
Dear family,

     Whoooo! It is a STRUGGLE writing this email right now because I am super down with some kind of sickness (on/off fever + flu + LBMs + on/off throwing up + crazy body aches) and all I want is some of Mommy's porridge and Daddy walking into my room to see if I'm doing fine...sickness on this mission is very different from being sick at home!

+ + + + + + + + + +

The Sabbath
     This past week @ MLC (Missionary Leadership Conference) a huuuuge emphasis was placed on keeping the Sabbath Day holy and President Ostler even made us go through the entire training on the Sabbath that the First Presidency had put out for all the leaders in the church. It was very interesting and I learnt so much more about Sabbath Day observance. 

     In that meeting I made personal commitments to myself to improve my behavior on Sundays after the mission, because we all know that I was not perfect with it before....well! Now that I've openly told you guys my goal, you can hold me accountable when April 2016 comes around! It also struck me that sleeping for five hours after church is NOT keeping the Sabbath holy! Oooooops.....(laughed out loud with Sister Lockwood on this.)

+ + + + + + + + + +

Exchanges: Sister Vaka
     I was able to go on exchanges with Sister Vaka this week and I have to say how MUCH God was in that exchange. 

     Sister Vaka and I were together in Santa Monica and so we are really good friends. I love her. I remember at the end of my last exchange with the other sisters President Ostler telling me that I shouldn't worry too much about ME, and how I need to make the exchange super good or whether the sister will like ME for this/that. He told me that the purpose of going on exchanges with other sisters, being an STL, is to let Christ...work through you. 

To become as transparent as possible. 

     And I think that it happened this time around with Sister Vaka. I think that I needed that exchange with her as much as she needed it with me. I was spiritually uplifted by her and I know that the things we shared with each other were all inspired by Heavenly Father. It is so special to see how she and I have grown over the course of this mission!

     Also, side note - we worked in HER area (Bonifacio!!!!!!!) the first day, which means that I got to see...yes, you're right! I got to see Carol and Sarah and the recent converts of that area and nothing beats seeing familiar faces. It is so wonderful to see them progressing. They are still all working on the marriage process and it's just a waiting game that way, BUT. They are getting somewhere!
+ + + + + + + + + +

Guess How Many?
     Investigators came to church yesterday?!
...
...

16

     SADKJHJASKDHBXCAUE I would've cried myself silly on Palawan if you told me that so many people would be at church. All 16 of those investigators going to church was further proof and evidence to me that this is God's work, not the work of the missionaries. Sister Pamesa and I take NO credit whatsoever for the rewards and fruits of this work. I wish I understood that better at the start of my mission, but like what you said, Daddy, in your email this week - to every thing there is a season. BUT STILL THOUGH! That's 16 people coming closer to Christ. I am so happy for them. God is so good.

     (Out of these 16 were SIX Chinese investigators, five of whom were coming for the first time!) (Talk about Heavenly Father sending people to the right place at the right time!)

+ + + + + + + + + +

     Okay, my thoughts are kind of running all over the place right now because it is SO hot here and I feel SO uncomfortable and bless Sister Pamesa's heart because although it is our P-Day today she is going to be at home with me for all of it because I am going to be in bed the whole of today.


Heavenly Father is still so good, though.


With love,
Sister Teo







No comments:

Post a Comment

With love, Sister Teo © 2014