Monday, February 15, 2016

Down to single digits

Monday, February 15, 2016
Dear family, 

Addurus
     Last week I wrote to you all about Elder and Sister Adduru, and I have to put it out there that when you, Mom and Dad, come over...we are SO going out to their house to meet them. They remind me SO much of the both of you. SO much. Because they are assigned to this ward, they work as normal proselyting missionaries (with "senior couple missionary" exceptions) and so they've been out to work with us a couple of times now. Getting to work with them so closely has only made me love them that much more. 

     Daddy, Elder Adduru reminds me so much of you. The way he talks, the way he fearlessly meets EVERYONE and isn't shy about ANYTHING...Mommy, Sister Adduru has that quiet dignity the way you do. But she is also smart like you are. They balance each other so well. I see the both of you when I see them, which doesn't make things any "easier" on my part because I just miss the both of you and can't wait for you to come over in April. WE ARE GOING TO HAVE DINNER WITH THEM! 

+ + + + + + + + +

Lost sheep, returned
     I still stand by what I have said these last couple of weeks, that this area reminds me so much of Santa Monica. Work with investigators is a little slow, but our Less-Active action is moving pretty sweetly! Sometimes I wonder what is more beautiful to watch: a new convert get baptized, or someone who has fallen away...come back. Either way. The Atonement is real. I see it at work every day as people's hearts are softened. People that haven't come to church in years...trust in the Lord enough to come back. The prodigal son always returns. That is one thing that President Ostler emphasizes a lot. No one is ever so far away from  the love of God. People can change, and people can come back. And I am happy that I get to see this happen, again.

+ + + + + + + + +

Time, the best medicine
     Sister Kumari and I are getting along so much better now. As with each new companionship, time is the best medicine. And by "getting along so much better," I just mean that we are finally getting used to how we both work. We know each other now. We know how to balance each other. We trust each other now. This is also another beautiful thing about the mission: watching two complete strangers become friends and sisters. 

+ + + + + + + + +

President's email home
     Just so you know...when President wrote you guys that email this past week, him and I were sitting together in his office! We were in an interview and I brought up that you, Mommy and Daddy, would be coming over to get me, and then President said, "Oh yes, I got an email from your Dad last night but I haven't been able to read it through properly yet," and so he whipped out his laptop and read out your email and then typed out that reply that you guys got...all while we were together. Just thought that was a fun fact that I could share with you all :) President is really excited to get to see you guys again. And so am I! 

+ + + + + + + + +

Good morning, sunshine... NOT
     One day this past week I woke up to a text from one of our investigators telling us that she didn't want us to come visit her anymore. I think that I would have been more loving about all of this if I hadn't read the text...at 6:20 a.m. in the morning. Right, when the alarm rang I also noticed that her text had come in the night before. And so I can testify...that getting a "break-up text" first thing in the morning is not sunshine and daisies, and definitely not the best thing for a missionary to wake up to! But it's all good. Sometimes missionaries "dump" their investigators; sometimes the investigators dump the missionaries first. #WELCOMETOTHEMISSION

+ + + + + + + + +

     This Wednesday we have what is called the "Finish Strong" meeting. It is a meeting for all missionaries going home the next transfer. That's me. I can't believe I'm...going to that meeting. Throughout the mission, you always think that your time to go home will NEVER come and that you will forever be stuck in the Philippines and never see civilization again (haha)...but...time keeps going and one day or later, your time comes, too. I'm looking forward to that meeting. 

      It is probably the only meeting that missionaries in our mission will ever attend that talks nothing about missionary work and everything about the future. It'll be interesting. 


I love you all! And we are down to nine.


With love,
Sister Teo



No comments:

Post a Comment

With love, Sister Teo © 2014