Monday, July 27, 2015

I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go

Monday, July 27, 2015
Dear family, 

I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go

Sister Teo,
     After much prayer and pondering you are being called to be a new sister training leader. I have confidence in you that you will be exactly obedient, that you will love and care for those in your stewardship and that you will fulfill the mission vision. 

     You will serve in Makati 3B/Makati 4 with Sister Pamesa. I know that this is a very difficult change but I want you to know that I KNOW that the Lord is in the transfer. Part of your Sister Training Leader stewardship will include Bonifacio 4 so that you can go on exchanges from time to time and attend the baptism of your precious investigators. Thank you for your faith. 


With love,

President Ostler 


+ + + + + + + + + + 

     There is so much to be said and yet so little to be said about what is to be done when a servant of the Lord tells you what your next "assignment" will be and who the next people you love will be. 

     There is not much to be said about a call from God that I accepted when I agreed to come to the Philippines, and when I had already agreed from the start to do anything and everything that Heavenly Father would have me do. I left my heart and soul on the table for God and I have no claims on me, on the Kimberly Teo from before the mission, until the day I get released from this calling. 

     I feel so sad having to leave this area. I
fell in love with this area the first week I arrived here from Palawan. This area has been a tender mercy. Coming from my first (difficult) area to this area where people are progressing and the investigators love the missionaries and vice versa...all of it has been a tender mercy. God only granted me twelve weeks here, but perhaps twelve weeks was all I needed to regain my confidence and to LEARN to be a missionary, to LEARN what it means to help people advance towards baptism, to LEARN about planting and harvesting. These twelve weeks have been the greatest miracle of my mission thus far. 

     And even less has to be said about the past six weeks that I have had with Sister Veras, whom I love SO much. She reminds me so much of Gladys (minus Gladys' teenager side, ahem) and there has been so much love and peace at home that the work has been nothing but hard and fun all at the same time. 
It's set; I am going to Hawaii to visit her one day. 

     God is in the details of our lives. I don't know what is up next, and I'm scared silly of all the changes and responsibilities that lie ahead of me these next nine months. I feel so young in the mission and so inadequate to be called to be an STL. But when it's for you...who can be against you? 


With love,
Sister Teo

P.S. A bunch of pictures from this week! I'll let them speak for themselves :)




















 

No comments:

Post a Comment

With love, Sister Teo © 2014